I have over thirty years’ experience of teaching piano and singing.
My lessons seek to inspire musicianship and a love of performing and playing, with elements of technique, theory, aural and performance skills included in every lesson.
As an examiner for ABRSM I have a thorough knowledge of exam requirements and standards, and use the ABRSM syllabus as a scheme for progression and motivation, if appropriate.
I teach all ages and abilities, and always try to find the style and genre that suits the individual so that pupils are motivated to practise and improve because they love the pieces they are studying.
In-person lessons with me incorporate:
- One-to-one piano and singing teaching
- General music theory, appropriate to your standard
- Aural awareness and musical appreciation
- For all stages of your musical journey
From age 7 onwards. Adults welcome.
- Published composer
- Music tutor for over 30 years
- ABRSM examiner since 2017
- 30 years with Services for Education
- BMus (Hons)
- MA, Music Perfomance
- Associate Diploma of Birmingham Conservatoire
Expert, personalised feedback for exam, recital or performance preparation